Sunday, June 5, 2011

6-5-11 3hrs Worked on the seat. The foam was dry rotted so I had it repaired locally by a person who does boat upholstery. That piece came out good; they steamed the foam, removed the dry rot, and added a small thin soft layer of foam($20). I bought a new seat cover from HVC. Went installing I used small self tapping screws and fasteners to hold the cover in place because the small original clamps were weak or rusty. Over all the seat looked really good until I put on the safety strap. The strap caused the seat foam to compress and therefore made the seat look wrinkly. To correct the issue I will probably need to purchase new seat foam, seat pan and another cover (about $400). Because of the cost I am going to wait until I can find another seat. While not perfect, the seat is a big improvement over what I had...

No comments: